Friday, March 8, 2013

Miracles?

Life, isn't it funny sometimes?! We don't think too much of it on a daily basis. We're too busy to get things done, but forget to be thankful for being alive, healthy, happy. Why am I in such a philosophical state of mind today, you may wonder?

Last night I was heading home on my usual route. I was about to cross the street and payed attention to the car coming from my right side. But I was startled to see a huge white car with squeaking brakes on my left. It stopped only a few inches from me. I moved on but as I was walking, I got more and more scared. The shock had got to me. I begun crying and thinking that could have been my end. A matter of seconds. I begun thinking if that would've happened (Thank God it hasn't) that I've done nothing of any kind of importance in my life up until, I have nothing of my own (no car, no house), I'm not married, I don't have kids, nothing. And depression grew bigger and bigger.

As if that wasn't enough, this morning I was waiting at the red light in order to, again, cross the street. Suddenly, a lady standing next to me pulled me a little back. Next moment, a garbage truck passed very close to me. She rescued me. I wasn't standing on the edge of the sidewalk, but a little too close to the cars passing by. I thanked her and after I crossed the street I turned to wish her a Happy 8th of March day, but she was nowhere to find. And trust me I looked and looked over and over again. Is like she was never there. She disappeared. Was she my guardian angel? I don't know. But I surely know that someone up there loves me and is trying to send me a message: to be more careful. Thank You for saving me twice!

I need to be more careful because I'm not the only one involved. There are also the ones who love me and those who did everything in their power for me to be here today, safe and sound.

Thank you for your love!

No comments:

Post a Comment