Monday, November 30, 2009

Full weekend

Oh my, that was a full weekend. I never expected for so many events in just 3 days. But it was fun, really fun.
On Friday evening I was invited to a salsa party in a club by a friend who took some dance lessons and had a show there with his mates. I love latino but I'm easily intimidated by professional dancers. I don't know how to dance by the book but I did my best and got lots of fun until the morning.

On Saturday morning after only 4 hours of sleep I went to see New Moon, that I've been waiting for since this spring, after reading the books. Almost everyone present at the theater had been booking tickets since 2 weeks ago. Just like me. But the biggest surprise was that after installing ourselves comfortably into our seats, the movieplex personal announced that there were some technical problems so we'll have to live the room and make an option for other projection date. They didn't even want to give our money back and there were huge queues formed outside. People were upset and nervous. It was the first time I thought 13 was bringing me bad luck. But after 1 hour of waiting and wondering what's best to do we managed to book other tickets for the same movie and finally got to watch it.

New Moon didn't make such a great impression on me as Twilight did and that might be because I read the books prior the movie. But I loved the special effects, the chase scene of Victoria, and that the producers tried to respect the book. As for my curiosity last week, I couldn't track Death cab for cutie on the soundtrack. And Muse's I belong to you was quite inappropriately used in the scene where Bella calls Jessica for a girl's night out. The characters I thought were extraordinary well represented were Aro and Jane which I can't wait to see again in Breaking dawn. So, New Moon gets a 7,5 from me.

On Sunday, after an evening spent with family and friends, I went to town to the new AFI mall. I wanted to watch a movie to the new IMX Samsung but there were only documentaries available so I thought I'm waiting to Avatar, to watch something properly. There was a foule de monde walking up and down the alleys maybe coming there out of sheer curiosity. Who knows? After the cinema, the main attraction was the rink surrounded by a stone wall and a nice pond with glass bridges. The thing that amazed me the most were the seagulls on the roof. I wondered how they got there because there's no lake in the proximity?





And, last night, after such a long day we went to a restaurant were we had a great time with friends laughing and chatting. It was a blast. I haven't had such a good time in a while. So you can imagine that after some nights when I slept only a few hours and such a rush through the city that I'm tired and coffee craving. And, on top of all, when I got at the office this morning the door was shut and I couldn't make my coffee until 9 o'clock. It's so quiet now at the office and I'm enjoying my time working and listening to the music I like. I can almost feel the holidays coming.




No comments:

Post a Comment