Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday

Over the ocean today is the Black Friday, the shopping start for Christmas with sales and everything. Quite a tradition in States. But here, in Romania, lies a long weekend ahead of us. Most of us have taken a short December 1st holiday leaving the city for the mountain side.

It's a little bit quiet in the city before the national holiday and we don't have a schedule. Usually on December 1st along with national day manifestations the mayor lights the lights in the city to greet the season. I don't know what'll be this year. But lets talk about what I know.

As most of you know at the end of the year takes place Gaudeamus, the book fair, at Romexpo. Until Sunday you're invited to browse, read and buy books between 10.oo to 20.oo hours and Sunday from 10.oo to 16.oo.

For the Twilight saga fans today is the day New moon gets on the screens. I'm curious to see if the director went on the book or not. I promise I'll post an article about it. At least I'll know what scene is associated with Death cab for cutie's song.

Saturday on USC there's a white night for shopping so if you plan to buy some clothes as a gift for Christmas or for Saint Nicholas, now's the moment.

Sunday is Saint Andrew's holiday so prepare your garlic to protect yourselves. And don't forget to put some wheat to grow until new year's eve to see how prosperous you'll be next year.

For some time I'm listening to Madrugada and I kept for myself some songs, but now is weekend and I'd like to give you something beautiful to listen. So please enjoy the following: Lift me.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=26289199


Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment