Saturday, January 12, 2013

Recap: those holidays

A fortnight, that long was my Christmas holiday this year. I know, I can't complain. How was it? Great! First time in years I felt it was a true family holiday, at least on Christmas time. I loved the fact we weren't obsessed with shopping like in the previous years and that I did do some nice presents for my beloved ones. Even though I've spent some late nights in the kitchen baking, I felt happy to do it for my family and friends.
Decorating the Christmas tree (with traditional first 2 decorations put on by me and my brother, and Christmas carols listening on the background), making and wrapping presents, having Christmas dinner. Even such a little thing like waking up one morning, no alarm clock, and becoming conscious that for 2 full weeks you're in holiday it is great. Despite the work you have to fulfill as long as you're at home, it's so much different from working at the office.
Now, the pictures I took in a hurry are of my Christmas tree and some of the decorations. What you can see on top of it was a joke of my boyfriend when he decided that because our treetop broke we should put one of the decorations we made on Christmas Eve. We had a full Christmas Eve this year and we had fun. I decided long before Christmas to make Christmas cookies, which I did, and some handmade decorations. Those ended up a little bigger than I imagined them, thanks to my brother and my boyfriend who thought that what I was going to do was fun and joined me in sticking their fingers. I must admit it was really fun making them, put them to dry and admiring our work (feel free to judge the result, I won't mind criticism, no intention on claiming those art). I loved the fact the 3 of us sat on the carpet and felt like kids sticking our hands with glue, playing with balloons, and trying to make our crafts as original as possible. My brother even had enough patience to wrap a balloon with a very thin thread of cotton instead of the thick string I used. His decoration is the most white one of all. :) Like we haven't had enough decorations already. As you can see in the pictures I have a few Santas climbing in my house and so many decorations I haven't taken in pictures. All in all it was a beautiful holiday. I'm a little nostalgic now as last night I took everything off. 11 months to go until next Christmas.











No comments:

Post a Comment